Rights Management and Publishing – IT Governance and Change Management
A key area of concern for our client was that they felt they were not getting good value for money from their IT investment. This manifested as a lack of control and visibility over IT spend, ineffective IT change governance and a misalignment of IT resources to corporate goals. In short, they were spending money but not getting where they should be.
- Developing a roadmap for IT, aligned to the corporate goals and strategic direction and agreed with the board
- Implementing new controls for IT change, ensuring new initiatives were well defined, aligned to corporate goals and properly funded and then ensuring good governance while in flight
- Supported the governance and delivery of some key change initiatives
- Defined and recruited a new CIO role, reporting directly to the board.
- Board recognition of IT as a strategic enabler rather than a cost centre
- Much closer alignment of IT initiatives and investment to corporate goals
- Step change improvements to IT project delivery performance
- Increased visibility of IT spend, leading to increased efficiency in IT investment